5 Sizzling Summer Savings Tips!
Summer is upon us and that means the kids are out of school, summer vacations are being planned, and you may be looking for ways to stay entertained without breaking the bank! I’ve put together some tips for having a great summer while still staying financially responsible.
- HAVE A YARD SALE: Get the whole family involved! It’s a great way to bank a few bucks AND clean out clutter. It also teaches your children how to make choices about what is important to them and how to save money with a little work. Have them help with advertising the sale, making signs, and posting the sale online. Let them help you work the sale and practice counting money. Make a list of all the things they could do with the profits – put it toward a family vacation, plan for a purchase and maybe even save some for bigger purchases down the road!
- MAKE ENERGY SAVING UPGRADES TO YOUR HOME: Now is a great time to save with solar or get a home equity line of credit with PLCU. You will save money immediately by lowering electricity bills and any upgrades you make will pay off in the long run with your home.
- PLANT A GARDEN: This is actually one of the most money saving tips on the list. It also is a great summer-long family activity. Plus, a few dollars on seeds and soil can reap a bounty of healthy foods for your summer meals!
- PLAN A STAY-CATION: We have so many amazing things to do here in San Diego. We ARE a vacation destination! So use that to your advantage and plan amazing fun right in your own backyard. Local museums, beaches, boating, snorkeling, bike riding, hiking… the list goes on and on. The money you save on gas, plane tickets, and hotels can fund a ton of fun in town!
- USE REWARDS POINTS FOR VACATION: If you signed up for PLCU’s CHOICE REWARDS program you are banking points to use toward travel every time you use your card. Now is a great time to cash in! If you haven’t signed up yet, what are you waiting for? Plan for next year’s trip now. Apply online today and start banking points for your next summer adventure.
Dealing with your finances can be challenging, and at times confusing. We’re here to guide you through this process and help you achieve your financial goals.
David R. Brooke